Seeking a CAD Technician for a direct hire opportunity in Doylestown, PA.
- Produce high-quality, accurate construction documents for the repair and rehabilitation of heavy movable structures, including movable bridges, locks and dams, ferry terminals, and cranes.
- Develop preliminary and final drawings using the information derived from existing construction documents, backgrounds and/or rough layouts, and with assistance from the project team through field notes, sketches, or verbal instructions
- Maintain local CAD standards, set up client CAD standards, catalog and organize standard details, and serve as a mentor for junior staff as it relates to CAD.
- Maintain high levels of efficiency and productivity to consistently deliver project on schedule and within budget
- Maintain currency with industry trends and new technologies
- Propose and implement changes to workflow to improve efficiency
- Interpret existing structural drawings, including hand produced drawings dating back to the early 1900’s
- Up to three years of relevant work experience with an Associate's degree in construction technology, drafting technology, or computer-aided design and drafting (Certification with equivalent experience will be considered in place of a degree.) OR
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering design technology, architectural studies, or related field of study.
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD. Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation is also desirable.
- Experience in working in multiple CAD environments is preferred. Mechanical (machinery) and structural drafting and detailing experience is preferred.
- Current knowledge of industry design and drafting standards
- Knowledgeable/Skilled with ancillary software such as Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Bluebeam preferred
- Self-starter, driven with the enthusiasm for producing high quality, accurate drawings efficiently, and within budget