Seeking an experienced Production Engineer/Lab Supervisor/Chemical Engineer for our client in Tempe, AZ. Our client leads the semiconductor industry in epitaxial manufacturing specializing in complex metal fabrication of customer-designed products for gold reflectivity. Our client is an expert in fabricating these multicomponent assemblies made from a variety of materials including aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, and ceramic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the plating department by applying an understanding of both the materials and chemistry required to achieve a highly stable and predictive process plating
- Maintain chemical processes through analytical testing done by staff members.
- Oversee process control testing in all plating areas.
- Oversight of Laboratory team as well as assist as needed with adjacent teams such as wastewater treatment.
- Disposition with NCM tags, Engineering investigations, and Corrective Action Reports for monthly testing quality failures and customer parts as needed.
- Continuously monitor existing processes to increase the quality of products and maximize operating efficiencies.
- Assist in troubleshooting processes within issues or delays in production due to chemistry, procedures, and/or equipment.
- Assist in developing and evaluating new processes, chemistries, and equipment to maximize the potential for new and existing customers.
- Create and present SPC analysis reports to upper management as required.
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory levels of laboratory supplies.
- Manage and direct the development and implementation of activities in chemical production areas to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Manage all elements of wet chemistry manufacturing for the factory, including writing reports, summaries, and protocols. • Plan and administer budgets/capital expenditures in your area as required.
- Ensure all working areas of responsibility align with the production department to meet weekly/monthly goals.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other software for data maintenance
- Ability to learn X-ray machines, adhesion thickness testing, and other methods to test product quality
- Experience setting up and sustaining electrochemistry equipment, processes, and various metrology methods associated with the control and monitoring of such processes
- Strong verbal communication skills, supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success
- Strong operational skills with a focus on great time management
- Ability to work well with different levels of management
- Ability to encourage and foster a teamwork environment
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in relevant plating and\or chemical processes.
- Wet chemistry or plating experience is required