Seeking multiple Chemical Operators for Contract-to-Hire or Direct Hire opportunities in Carpentersville, IL. Our client is a global polymer manufacturing company looking to hire talented operators for their growing team. Operators are responsible for the safe and timely production of chemical products. You can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighting, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during the chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products.
Note: The position features a 12-Hour Rotating Shift Schedule with Significant Off-Time and Built-in overtime pay. Candidates will rotate between the 7 am- 7 pm and 7 pm- 7 am shifts.
Entry-Level Candidates are Encouraged to Apply!
- Career Growth – Our client is dedicated to training and growing their material handlers. As you grow within the company, you will receive promotions every 1-2 years with pay increases.
- Strong Benefits – Our client provides excellent benefits to their employees including a 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, Retirement Plans, and more. See our benefits information for more information.
- Strong and Growing Company – Even during the height of the COVID pandemic, our client experienced no decrease in business. The company has continued to grow the past couple of years and anticipates its continued growth. Working within their growing team further promises your career growth opportunity and job security.
- Small Dynamic Teams – Our client features small and dynamic teams within their plant.
- 12 – Hour Rotating Shift Schedule with Significant Off-Time – Chemical Operators will work rotating 12-hour shifts and will have a significant number of off-days.
- Overtime-Pay – The work schedule features built-in guaranteed overtime. In addition, there will be opportunity to work additional overtime hours for 1.5x of your base hourly pay rate.
- Competitive Pay – Pay Rates differ based on your experience and expertise. The base pay starts at $23/hr for entry-level operators. Experienced operators will be given competitive hourly pay rates based on their experience and expertise.
Both Entry-Level and Experienced Candidates are Encouraged to Apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the process and make the necessary adjustments in order to maintain safe operation and correct problem areas and out-of-control points. Take ownership for correcting problem areas and out-of-control points.
- Follow all site safety policies and wear appropriate PPE.
- Check equipment for unsafe unusual conditions and correct or report findings to supervision.
- Review trending and reactor settings data in computer at least two times per shift for potential problems and out-of-limits data.
- Collect samples and perform all required testing to control operating within proper limits.
- Assist with batch prestaging, charging, filtration, and transfers as required by supervision.
- Prepare equipment and permits for maintenance work.
- Follow up when permits are turned in to check out equipment and assure housekeeping is satisfactory.
- Train/assist less experienced operators in plant operations and on-site equipment. When assigned by the team manager associate will monitor closely the performance of the training operator and equipment.
- Identify equipment requiring maintenance, report to supervision, and ask for a Work notification to be entered in the management system.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Continuously focus on teamwork, communication, and doing your best to do a good job.
- Operators are to be dressed and in the conference room at 06:30 and 18:30 on the first scheduled workday for safety huddle and at 06:45 and 18:45 on all other scheduled workdays.
- During shift change review logbooks, previous day/shift batch sheets, cook logs and review alarm summaries, and respond to all variables in alarm. Sign off on cook logs at the start of the shift.
- High School Diploma or GED
Experience Qualifications (Not Required, but will help)
- Chemical Operating experience is a plus
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk on and off throughout the day