Seeking multiple Chemical Operators for Contract-to-Hire or Direct Hire opportunities in Forest Park, GA. Our client is a global polymer manufacturing company looking to hire talented operators to their growing team. Operators are responsible for the safe and timely production of chemical products. You can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighting, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during the chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products.
Note: The position features a 12-Hour Rotating Shift Schedule with Significant Off-Time and Built-in overtime pay. Candidates will rotate between the 7 am- 7 pm and 7 pm- 7 am shifts.
Entry-Level Candidates are Encouraged to Apply!
- Career Growth – Our client is dedicated to training and growing their material handlers. As you grow within the company, you will receive promotions every 1-2 years with pay increases.
- Strong Benefits – Our client provides excellent benefits to their employees including a 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, Retirement Plans, and more. See our benefits information for more information.
- Strong and Growing Company – Even during the height of the COVID pandemic, our client experienced no decrease in business. The company has continued to grow the past couple of years and anticipates its continued growth. Working within their growing team further promises your career growth opportunity and job security.
- Small Dynamic Teams – Our client features small and dynamic teams within their plant.
- 12 – Hour Rotating Shift Schedule with Significant Off-Time – Chemical Operators will work rotating 12-hour shifts and will have a significant number of off days.
- Overtime-Pay – The work schedule features built-in guaranteed overtime. In addition, there will be an opportunity to work additional overtime hours for 1.5x your base hourly pay rate.
- Competitive Pay – Pay Rates differ based on your experience and expertise. The base pay starts at $23/hr for entry-level operators. Experienced operators will be given competitive hourly pay rates based on their experience and expertise.
Both Entry-Level and Experienced Candidates are Encouraged to Apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Charge raw materials to kettles/reactors and mix tanks.
- Produce finished products according to production schedule and customer demand.
- Operate production equipment to produce alkyd and polyester resin batches.
- Interpret and process batches utilizing manufacturing instructions.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot process and equipment issues.
- Collect and analyze process and packaged samples.
- Document process steps, adjustments, downtime, and samples onto a PLC Batch Logger.
- Utilize a PLC operator interface system.
- Transfer material from mix tanks to storage tanks.
- Package finished product in drums and totes.
- Load and unload trucks. Prepare paperwork for truck shipment using SAP.
- Unload drum trailers for drum preparation.
- Assist with inventory management using SAP.
- Complete all tasks according to company and site procedures and policy.
- Focus on teamwork, process improvement, and practice effective and open communication.
- Follow all site safety procedures and wear required PPE.
- Participate and take ownership in plant housekeeping requirements and initiatives.
- Participate on the Safety Committee.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).
- Participate in incident investigations (RCFA, 5 Why, etc).
- Complete annual safety and refresher training.
- Assist training team members on new job assignments.
- Report equipment malfunctions and safety hazards through the SAP work order system.
- Work a rotating 12 hr shift schedule.