Seeking to hire a Coatings Synthesis Chemist for a contract to hire or direct hire opportunity in Carpentersville, IL. Our client is a major producer of composites and coating resins and is looking for a chemist to work with their R&D team. This opportunity offers competitive compensation and career growth potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesis of waterborne & solvent-borne Alkyd, Saturated Polyester, or Solution Acrylic.
- Responsible for completing assigned synthesis-related projects that will cover multiple coatings application areas including both architectural and industrial markets.
- Projects include developing new products, modifying existing products to meet the needs of our customers, and providing technical support to our customers as well as manufacturing support.
- This position will interface with Customers, Sales, Manufacturing, Technical Service, procurement, and other synthesis groups.
- Generation of technical reports, invention disclosures, presentations, and product literature.
- Up to 10 % travel to support customers and manufacturing is possible.
Other Details :
- 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm
- Monday – Friday
- BS in chemistry with 0 to 2 years of synthesis in developing Alkyd, Saturated Polyester or solution acrylic for the coatings market.
- Good structure-property understanding.
- Innovative thinking and technical accomplishments and utilization of analytical tools, technical knowledge, data, and statistical tools to solve technical challenges and enhance chemistries and process development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work in a team environment.
- Efficient in Excel, work, PowerPoint and SAP preferred.