Seeking to hire a Chemist for a contract to hire or direct hire opportunity in Carpentersville, IL. Our client is a major producer of composites and coating resins and is looking for a Chemist to work in the Coatings R&D department with Specialty Resins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesis of waterborne alkyd or latex resins.
- Responsible for completing assigned synthesis-related projects that will cover multiple coatings application areas including both architectural and industrial markets.
- Projects include developing new products, modifying existing products to meet the needs of our customers, and providing technical support to our customers and manufacturing support.
- This position will interface with Customers, Sales, Manufacturing, Technical Service, and other synthesis groups.
- Generation of technical reports, invention disclosures, presentations, and product literature
- Up to 25% travel to support customers and manufacturing is possible.
- 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm
- BS in chemistry with a minimum of 2-5 years of synthesis with waterborne alkyd or latex resins developing products for the commercial market.
- Experience with the development of surfactants is a plus.
- Proven record with commercializing of new products.
- Good structure-property understanding.
- Manufacturing support is a plus.
- Track record of innovative thinking and technical accomplishments and utilization of analytical tools, technical knowledge, data, and statistical tools to solve technical challenges and enhance chemistries and process development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work in a team environment.
- Efficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP preferred.