Messina Group’s Analytics Consulting Practice is seeking a Data Engineer/Architect local to Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience architecting and implementing data/analytics solutions, with a passion for delivering value through data for our clients.
- Architect and implement data/analytics solutions, including the development of ETL/ELT solutions, dimensional modeling, data warehousing, data flows, and pipelines, etc.
- Serve as a leader on client projects, contributing to overall project strategy, solution design, and project management
- Assist in data/analytics platform selection and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) analysis
- Interface with key business and technical stakeholders to identify data/analytics use cases and opportunities to generate business value.
- 7-10 years of work experience in the data/analytics space
- Expert-level knowledge of one or more of the following: Azure Synapse, SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Python, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Data Flows, ML Studio, or Tableau is a plus
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate technical solutions and business benefits to both technical and business resources
- Fundamental understanding of data warehousing, metadata management, abstraction layer, and presentation layer architecture
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and data architecture concepts (Kimball, etc.), star schemas
- Exposure to SDLC methodologies, such as waterfall and agile
- Experience leading development teams consisting of both client and internal resources
- Ability to support and collaborate with PMO office on project estimates and status reporting