Seeking a Design Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Columbus, NE. Our client strives to manufacture quality hydraulic cylinders to meet customer specifications. Their goal is to drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction through our quality management system. This position is responsible for the design and development of custom hydraulic cylinders and product changes from concept through full production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new cylinder designs for manufacturability, identify any special materials, tooling or fixturing required to produce product.
- Responsible for helping with the design, development, quoting and analysis of both new and existing product under the direction of the Director of Engineering.
- Will be involved with all product stages including initial application specifications, material and labor estimations, design and development, manufacturing, and final testing.
- Prepare Manufacturing Time Estimates and Bill of Materials for Sales to generate quotes.
- Provide technical information to Sales, Production, Purchasing and Quality departments and customers to answer questions/issues.
- Review completed drawings for completeness and accuracy of design intent.
- Assist Quality/Production with the acceptance/rejection of out-of-tolerance parts.
- Must be able to effectively communicate design requirements to fellow engineers, drafters, and manufacturing.
- Review test data, customer requirements, design calculations etc. to assure cylinders will perform as intended in the application.
- Must participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities.
- Will be required to troubleshoot and provide assistance on the production floor as needed.
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- Hydraulics Cylinder Design experience required.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Engineering experience required.
- Manufacturing experience with heavy emphasis on process engineering, tool design, and lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of process improvement, ability to read and analyze technical drawings.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and project oriented.
- 3D CAD experience (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, fabrication, & painting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Lean training a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Location: Columbus, NE