Messina is assisting our client in their search for a Director of Customer and Field Service. In this newly created role, you will be able to make an immediate impact by providing leadership and direction to support the growing Customer Service and Field Service teams. Specifically, the Director of Customer and Field Service will be responsible for creating project management and implementation processes and procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement while maintaining service levels throughout both the field service and customer services teams.
- Effectively partner and collaborate with colleagues/leadership team in transforming the business, driving cultural changes across the entire organization towards strategic thinking, data-driven decision-making, end-to-end process accountability, and operational and financial discipline.
- Quickly gain customer insight by directly engaging with key customers and strategic accounts to define meaningful customer-facing metrics for the Customer Support business.
- Implement and pursue both short-term priorities while nurturing long-term growth initiatives.
- Possesses P&L analytical skills and contributes to monthly, quarterly, and annual financial budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning.
- Liaise with financial controllership and ensure that Customer Support reporting is accurate and timely. Analyze Customer Support business results to determine key takeaways and performance improvement opportunities.
- Manage a team of 8 customer service representatives and 12 field service technicians.
- Interact with Sales to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Create new processes and procedures for implementation and customer support.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong leadership ability to manage a fast-growing team, while implementing a compelling change management agenda.
- Strong communication and people management skills. Ability to inspire others and sell new ideas upwards and downwards the organization.
- Positive thinker, process-oriented, willing to challenge the status quo, take calculated risks, and achieve success.
- Strong customer orientation and ability to establish durable relationships, both with customers as well as internally within the organization.
- A solid practical understanding of different customer pain points and a hands-on approach to solving them.
- Project Management: Consistently utilizes knowledge of the business, effective decision-making, and problem-solving, while ensuring the success of specific processes, approaches, techniques, methods, and technologies to successfully drive projects to close.
- Risk Management: Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used for risk assessment and mitigation, including assessment of failures and their consequences.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and disciplined with a clear focus on customer satisfaction and quality of deliverables.
- Ability to handle a rapidly changing workday and the ability to prioritize when needed.
- Experience managing a field service team for hardware products is strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting software platforms is nice to have.
- Familiarity with working effectively with productivity tools and systems. (Ex: Salesforce, PowerBI, MS Office)
- Implementation and Process Improvement Experience
- BS in Business, International Marketing, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in customer service field support and project implementation
- Management and Leadership Experience in Customer Service and Program Management
- Availability to travel up to 30%-40% of the time with 1-2-week advance planning
Physical Demands, Equipment, and Machinery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and storing supplies and materials throughout the day could be typical of this position. Performing work on a desktop or laptop computer requiring manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, calculators, photocopying equipment, cell phones, and multi-line phones could be typical of this position.
The work environment described here is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential functions.
The position is in an office. The environment is clean and typically free from dust and hazardous materials. This indoor environment is temperature-controlled. Occasional travel may be required with equipment.
Note: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Nothing in the job description restricts our client from having the right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment as this is an “AT-Will employer.
It is the policy of our client not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.”