Seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer for a Direct Hire role in Countryside, IL. Our client is a custom manufacturer of tube and pipe mills, roll-form mills, and roll tooling, providing a variety of components and services to the tube, pipe, and roll-forming industries. Services include tube and pipe roll design, mill alignment, and operational consulting. Their products and services are supported by a management and engineering staff with over 150 years of combined in-plant hands-on experience in the manufacture of Tube, Pipe, and Roll Forming products. They continue to develop advanced options and design enhancements to create the next generation of tube, pipe, and roll-form mill equipment.
Our client has an immediate opening for an Electrical Controls Engineer based at their Countryside, Illinois facility. We are seeking a highly qualified and dynamic individual who can deliver major contributions within their Tube Mill, Pipe Mill, and Roll Forming Equipment Engineering group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop control system designs and detailed schematics per customer requirements
- Hands-on implementation of control systems to include required programming, setup, testing/debugging, installation, and startup
- Generate bill of materials, parts lists, and instruction manual documentation
- Possess excellent visualization of process system concepts and their detailed requirements
- Provide technical expertise to the sales department, including direct customer contact
- Communicate directly with engineering peers, production staff, and vendors to complete projects and adjust designs as necessary
- Apply good organizational skills to meet project design, production, and delivery timelines
- Effectively balance multiple projects, responsibilities, and tasks
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in custom machinery control systems design (rolling mill industry preferred)
- Accomplished practice in the design, layout, panel building, and wiring of electrical process- controlled equipment
- Proven experience in VFD, PLC (Allen Bradley & Siemens), HMI, drive programming, troubleshooting, and software skills
- Working knowledge of applicable electrical codes and industry standards used in equipment design including but not limited to UL, CSA, NFPA, NEC, and IEC and power distribution (120V, 480V, and 24V DC Control Systems)
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- Proven experience designing machinery control systems
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing, assembly, and hydraulic practices a plus
- Excellent visualization of mechanical concepts and their detailed requirements
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 20% of the time to customer sites to see existing processes, perform engineering duties throughout all phases of machine projects, and field service work on existing control systems.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.