Seeking an Electro-Mechanical Project Engineering Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Chicago, IL (60626).
This role will be responsible for working with and guiding diverse teams of engineers through concept and product development programs and oversee required testing and qualification. The responsibilities will include development of best-in-class electromechanical systems, and manufacturable, cost-effective medium-voltage switchgear.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading and participating in cross-functional product development teams supporting the commercialization of medium-voltage electrical products for the utility market
- Coaching and overseeing group and individual development using technical leadership and performance management
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders establishing objectives and expectations
- Ensuring the design team itself follows robust design processes, for example through design of experiments and extensive use of FEA
- Directing problem solving efforts during product design
- Creating validation programs, advising on the necessary test methods and instrumentation throughout
- Establishing budget objectives based on the need for people and equipment in both the short and long term.
- BS or greater in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline from an accredited university, and 7+ years directly related experience. An advanced technical degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated success leading and collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Proven track record of developing quality solutions within tight deadlines to meet demanding customer specifications
- Strong skills in identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. independently and in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Ability to combine disparate ideas into unique solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to succeed with sense of urgency and “make it happen” attitude
- Strong aptitude for DFMA, DFMEA tools to build robust product design