Seeking an Engineering Manager to supervise, plan and execute strategies for completing engineering projects on time and on budget for a direct hire opportunity in Jacksonville, IL (near Springfield)
- Propose and manage budgets for projects. Supervise the work of teams within engineering.
- Research and develop designs and products.
- Ensure products have the support of upper management.
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Check the team’s work for technical accuracy and coordinate work with other managers and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will oversee the Engineering Department
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems. Analyzes internal quality data to develop a plan of action to mitigate future issues.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the use of natural resources, trash, and overall company waste.
- Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Other duties may be assigned as delegated by the CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience in multi-tasking several projects simultaneously and driving results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive software skills are required.
- Ability to analyze data quickly and form a plan of action
- Extensive experience communicating with a broad customer base.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Technical Management and strong Electronics Design or Minimum of 5 years related manufacturing experience preferred in Electronics Manufacturing Design