Messina Group is assisting our client in Jacksonville, IL (near Springfield) with their search for an Engineering Manager to supervise, plan and execute strategies for completing engineering projects on time and on budget.
- Propose and manage budgets for projects. Supervise the work of teams within engineering.
- Research and develop designs and products.
- Ensure products have the support of upper management.
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Check the team’s work for technical accuracy and coordinate work with other managers and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will oversee the Engineering Department
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems. Analyzes internal quality data to develop a plan of action to mitigate future issues.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the use of natural resources, trash, and overall company waste.
- Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Other duties may be assigned as delegated by the CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience in multi-tasking several projects simultaneously and driving results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive software skills are required.
- Ability to analyze data quickly and form a plan of action
- Extensive experience communicating with a broad customer base.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Technical Management and strong Electronics Design or Minimum of 5 years related manufacturing experience preferred in Electronics Manufacturing Design