Seeking an IT Director is responsible for supporting key business initiatives and day-to-day operations through technology. This person must manage and direct the company’s IT operations and analyze business requirements for IT needs and systems. This role is for a fast-growing, private-equity-backed food distribution business with extensive M&A and growth plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting key business initiatives through a technology lens.
- Execution of business-driven IT roadmap
- Led development and implementation processes for the organization's IT systems and department
- Establish IT department goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all backup and disaster recovery/business continuity procedures and plans.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Promote the strategic use of information and enable the workforce to use information and technology
- Management of relationship with MSP and other IT resources
- Hands-on post-M&A integration support with an understanding of key business and value considerations
- BA or BS degree, Masters preferred
- Progressive experience managing and directing a broad-based IT operation, with a minimum 5 years in a leadership role
- Multi-site / division experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in food distribution is required
- Proven experience in IT planning, insourcing/outsourcing, organization, and execution
- Experience developing strategic partnerships with key vendors in emerging technology solutions
- Strong understanding of IT systems and solution fundamentals such as analytics, enterprise architecture, platform selection, implementation partner selection, infrastructure, and cybersecurity
- Strategic leadership in the management of ERP and other key operational systems and services
- M&A experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to keep updated on the latest developments in the IT field and apply appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems