Messina Group is looking to hire an IT Support Specialist for our client in Rosemont, Illinois. This role will provide advanced technical support to end users on a variety of IT issues, providing exceptional customer service by phone, email, and onsite for our customers, maintaining laptop infrastructure, and associated applications, as well as hybrid meeting configuration, training, and support. Specific experience supporting Zoom and MS Teams hybrid meetings is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Managing, reviewing, and troubleshooting level 1 and select level 2 end-user issues reported in the ITSM tool.
· Maintaining and troubleshooting end-user desktops; software and hardware such as printers, phones, and other approved end-user peripherals.
· Configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting unified communication software, systems and services, phones, audio and video conferencing services, and onsite conferencing equipment.
· Provide daily operational and technical meeting support for in-person and hybrid meetings, both onsite and offsite, educating staff and creating training materials to assist on use of systems.
· Assist in providing general operational/technical support for the overall LAN environment.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, contribute to creating knowledgebase articles, and training documentation to improve service delivery.
- Respond to telephone calls and email requests for technical support, document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Perform special projects and/or duties, as required, to assist the department and Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Participate as a team member with effective communication and collaboration skills. Basic organizational and time management skills. Able to organize and manage individual schedules and/or workloads in a structured environment.
- Support several SaaS-based software applications including Salesforce, Concur, and Intacct.
- This is a hybrid role with an allowance of one day per week remote.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent; 2+ years of experience supporting a mixed Microsoft network environment.
- Proven experience supporting all levels of an organization.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft/MAC OS, Software; Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange, Office.
- Experience providing Microsoft Office 365 support for end-users.
- Experience providing support for hybrid meetings with Zoom and Teams platforms, supporting conference room technologies.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, WAN WLAN, ability to troubleshoot basic network and connectivity issues.
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and methodical troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn new skills and keep current with rapidly changing information technology.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Experience providing technical support on projects and rollouts.
- Customer service oriented, strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be familiar with Dell Computers and the Windows 10 operating system.
- Previous hardware deployment experience is a plus.