Seeking a Lab Technician for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Milwaukee, WI. Our client, a national family-owned innovative coatings company seeks a Lab Technician to performs a variety of standard tests to determine physical and chemical properties of paint products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct such tests as weight per gallon, viscosity, color measurements, sag resistance or other tests as assigned.
- Use specialized measuring and weighing equipment to determine characteristics of batches.
- Test for NVM, adhesion or other physical specifications as required using standard laboratory equipment.
- Notify Group Leader in event of questionable results.
- Physically adjust out of specification constants with chemical additions to material based on test results or supervisory guidance.
- Make independent decisions regarding batch quality.
- Maintains records of processes and results.
- Records batch information in appropriate computer programs.
- Maintains standards for housekeeping and safety.
- As part of the housekeeping procedures, the employee may be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste. The initial training of how to properly dispose of hazardous waste will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator or the department supervisor. Annual training of the same will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred education level: Associate’s or two-year college degree or equivalent.
- Preferred experience level: One to three years’ experience in a laboratory setting preferred and preferably in coatings.
- Working knowledge of basic algebra, percentages, and a variety of measuring and testing equipment, such as Karl Fischer, scales, grind gauge, KU viscometer.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook), ERP system and other office machinery.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent color vision.
- Excellent math skills including metric to standard conversions.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent team building and communications skills.