Seeking a Machine Operator – Coater for an exciting direct hire opportunity offering growth opportunity and competitive pay in Walled Lake, MI. Our client is a manufacturer and marketer of coated, laminated, and converted films, foils, and papers supplying to various markets.
Set up and operate a coating machine to apply solutions to continuous sheet materials in order to impart special physical properties to determined specifications. Load/unload rolls of material onto machine. Regulate speed at which material is fed through rollers and amount of solution applied to material. Troubleshoot coating problems and take action to correct problem. May recommend corrective actions to supervisor and other coating personnel. Identify, pack, move (inside the facility) or prepare for disposal of hazardous materials, including solvent laden rags, waste solutions and clean up materials.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilizing documented work instructions and work order documents, set up and operate coating machine to produce products within specific tolerances. Clean up machine for next product run. Operate all electronic monitoring equipment.
- Visually inspect the coated product for defects in quality and make necessary adjustments and / or corrections. Coordinate with quality control on product specifications and the group leader when troubleshooting machine and/or solution problems. Adjust process, within specifications, to ensure uniformity of product. Perform operator quality assurance testing and inspections.
- Working knowledge of applicable QMS procedures and problem-solving method.
- Document production, process, and quality data.
- Train personnel in position responsibilities when qualified and authorized to do so.
- Maintain work area in accordance with all applicable safety, housekeeping and environmental policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/leader.