Messina Group seeks a Maintenance Mechanic for our client, a global polymer manufacturing company, in Forest Park, GA.
- Career Growth – Our client is dedicated to training and growing their employees. As you grow within the company, you will receive promotions every 1-2 years with pay increases.
- Strong Benefits – Our client provides excellent benefits to their employees including a 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, Retirement Plans, and more. See our benefits information for more information.
- Strong and Growing Company – Even during the height of the COVID pandemic, our client experienced no decrease in business. The company has continued to grow over the past couple of years and anticipates its continued growth. Working within their growing team further promises your career growth opportunity and job security.
- Small Dynamic Teams – Our client features small and dynamic teams within their plant.
- Competitive Pay – Pay Rates differ based on your experience and expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the maintenance manager.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain all chemical plant equipment including pumps (centrifugal, positive displacement, air diaphragm, etc.), vessels, exchangers, piping, valves, motors, agitators, fans, blowers, and utility equipment (air compressor, boiler, hot oil heaters, cooling towers, etc.).
- Install and modify existing and new piping, and equipment, and set pump alignment.
- Additional trade functions may also be required such as shop equipment usage, construction, painting, concrete, carpentry, insulation, and light sheet metal work.
- Assist with electrical equipment installation (i.e. motor wiring).
- Operate and maintain a variety of heavy tools and equipment, small hand and power tools, and additional tools as necessary.
- Perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete daily scheduled maintenance work orders.
- Assist with mechanical reliability initiatives
- Inspect critical equipment for proper operation and defects.
- Communicate and submit notifications for defective equipment, piping, valves, etc, and potential maintenance improvements.
- Contribute to the general housekeeping of the entire plant area and the assigned area in the maintenance “shop”.
- Practices safety in all actions, including start up-shut down, lockout/tag out, confined space, and working at heights procedures for all responsibilities.
- Participate in PHA, PSM, ISO reviews, near-miss reporting, and incident investigations.
- Participate in the Safety Committee.
- On a rotating on-call schedule for off-hours maintenance issues.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge :
- Mechanical background in an industrial/chemical manufacturing environment (preferred)
- SAP experience (preferred)
- Ability to work overtime and be on-call for maintenance issues
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Forklift trained and certified
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Possess skills in mechanics
- Liquid handling systems
- Pump knowledge (positive displacement, centrifugal, and air)
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Installation of pneumatic valves and pumps
- Experience with plant utilities such as steam, air, nitrogen, water, and hot oil (preferred)
- Self-motivated and can work independently
- Ability to collaborate and works well in groups
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk on and off throughout the day
- The Maintenance Mechanic will be required to wear a respirator only when in close contact with hazardous materials