Messina Group seeks a Maintenance Mechanic for our client, an innovative family-owned national coatings company in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Maintenance Mechanic performs all-around maintenance work on various systems and pieces of equipment to ensure proper operating functions of machinery.
- Career Growth – Our client is dedicated to training and growing their employees. As you grow within the company, you will receive promotions with pay increases.
- Great Benefits – Our client provides excellent benefits to their employees including a 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, company-paid short and long-term disability insurance, and more. See the benefits tab for more information.
- Activities & Perks – Our client hosts engaging activities and events, along with special perks and programs that help create an enjoyable place to work. See our benefits tab for more information.
- Strong and Growing Company – Our client has continued to grow during the past couple of years and anticipates continued growth. Working within their growing team promises career growth opportunities and job security.
- 1.5x Paid Overtime – There will be the opportunity to work additional overtime hours for 1.5x of your base hourly pay rate.
- Shift Information – 2nd-Shift Maintenance Mechanics work Monday – Friday from 2 pm – 10:30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to provide maintenance and repair on various types of building systems such as pipe-fitting, basic electrical, HVAC, etc.
- Ability to repair machines and equipment involving parts replacement and troubleshooting.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Maintain company property to include work on buildings and grounds including snow removal.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Preferred education level
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred experience level
- Two years of experience in the manufacturing/chemical/coatings industry.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Basic math skills and understanding of basic shop tools required.
- Forklift certification is strongly preferred and the ability to use a pallet jack.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with others, both verbally and written.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals.
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, stand and/or walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects or controls and move from place to place. The employee is regularly required to sit, balance, stoop, and occasionally reach above shoulders. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the production facility. Safety shoes, glasses, respirators, fire retardant uniform and earplugs may be required when performing certain functions.