Seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Milwaukee, WI. Our client, an innovative family-owned national coatings company seeks a Maintenance Mechanic who performs all-around maintenance work on various systems and pieces of equipment to ensure proper operating functions of machinery.
- Career Growth – Our client is dedicated to training and growing their employees. As you grow within the company, you will receive promotions with pay increases.
- Great Benefits – Our client provides excellent benefits to their employees including a 401(k) with a company match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, company-paid short and long-term disability insurance, and more. See the benefits tab for more information.
- Activities & Perks – Our client hosts engaging activities and events, along with special perks and programs that help create an enjoyable place to work. See our benefits tab for more information.
- Strong and Growing Company – Our client has continued to grow during the past couple of years and anticipates continued growth. Working within their growing team promises career growth opportunities and job security.
- 1.5x Paid Overtime – There will be the opportunity to work additional overtime hours for 1.5x of your base hourly pay rate.
- Shift Information – 2nd-Shift Maintenance Mechanics work Monday – Friday from 2 pm – 10:30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to provide maintenance and repair on various types of building systems such as pipe-fitting, basic electrical, HVAC, etc.
- Ability to repair machines and equipment involving parts replacement and troubleshooting.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Maintain company property to include work on buildings and grounds including snow removal.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in the manufacturing/chemical/coatings industry.
- Basic math skills and an understanding of basic shop tools are required.
- Forklift certification is strongly preferred and the ability to use a pallet jack.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with others, both verbally and written.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals.
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.