Seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician for a Direct Hire opportunity in Sauk Village, IL.
The Maintenance Process Technician is a hands-on position responsible for maintenance and processing of one or more molding machines and their ancillary IML automation and parts handling. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to molding machines, automation, and infrastructure support systems. Other duties include mold assembly/disassembly, installation, startup and processing of injection molding equipment and tooling. A high level of proficiency in the maintenance of injection molding machines including the mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems is required. This includes both diagnosis and repair. Thin wall injection processing and in-mold labeling experience is highly desirable.
· Understands, follows, and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures, and recognized practices.
· Assist Process tech in Mold change setup and startups, including water and electrical.
· Oversee day-to-day maintenance activities within assigned work cell.
· Troubleshoot ancillary equipment i.e., Chillers, air compressors, blending systems, water towers, HVAC, vacuum pumps, Electrical systems.
· Ability to diagnose and resolve basic molding equipment and process issues.
· Assists in IML automation setup, startup, and label changes.
· Assist in the assembly and disassembly of tooling as required.
· Perform preventative maintenance functions and record keeping.
· Assists Process Manager in the evaluation of new mold and automation start-ups.
· Performs daily checks of molding and automation equipment and supporting ancillary equipment making appropriate recommendations for overall improvements.
· Promote a continuous improvement culture.
· Train new and existing team members on different functions of the work area to ensure all can perform all tasks properly; share knowledge and best practices to help aid efficiency and productivity.
· May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
· Requires standing, repeated reaching and twisting, hand movement throughout entire shift.
· Working independently. Give breaks to the department staff as required.
· Overtime may be required based on the needs of the company.
· Thorough knowledge of mold setup and startup required.
· Understanding of injection tooling components including hot runner molds.
· Processing experience of thin wall food package is highly preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and guidelines, blueprints, hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics, schematics, and operational manuals.
· Strong maintenance background in electrical, mechanical and hydraulics is required.
· In-Mold Labeling experience including setup and startup is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and oral/written communication skills.
· Must be competent to carry out food packaging safety and quality responsibilities.
· Minimum of 5 years Injection Molding maintenance experience in mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
· Minimum of 3 years of injection molding process experience. Experience with in-mold-labeling a plus.