Seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Lynchburg, OH. Our client provides world-class electronics manufacturing and development services. They specialize in the design, fabrication, and assembly of printed circuit boards and wire harnesses for use in the energy/petroleum, consumer and commercial/industrial sectors. The objective for the Manufacturing Process Engineer is the development of systems, processes, machines, and tools for production of SMT and PTH Electronic Assemblies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design Manufacturing Processes for new products.
- Work with product design team on DFM recommendations and support of prototypes.
- Responsible for efficient production and driving continuous improvements.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in design,
- tolerance, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing manufacturing problems involving design, materials, or processes to
- drive continuous improvements.
- Develop tooling and component prep equipment to reduce hand clipping of PTH leads.
- Support improvements in material handling and inventory control thru the equipment.
- Monitor processes and equipment for potential risks/hazards to employees.
- This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.