Seeking a Material Handler for a direct hire opportunity in Azusa, CA with our client, a global polymer manufacturing company. The role of Materials Operator includes but is not limited to off-loading bulk raw materials, IPT finished goods and completing all SAP and shipping documentation. This individual must possess good interpersonal, communication problem-solving, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and prioritizing skills. Able to perform duties without constant supervision. Have a firm commitment to safety, and the environment and must have the understanding that product quality, accurate inventory, and looking for ways to improve are critical to our customers and our success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· List in order of importance the duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Identify what is done and how it is done.
· Indicate the percentage of time spent weekly on each responsibility.
· Do not include responsibilities that require less than 5% of the time.
· Raw Material Offloading: Schedule railcar switches to proper unloading spots, track raw material railcars to determine arrival date, and work with production to determine bulk raw material levels to schedule unloading. 40%
· SAP processing – BOLs, good receipt, post goods, material movements 15%
· Development – competency training, review SOPs, continuous improvement in safety / housekeeping 15%
· Reduce costs – eliminate inventory variances, RM and FG inventories, unscheduled OT, waste minimization-10%
· Inventory – maintain Accurate Inventory & conduct cycle counts 10%
· Hazardous Waste Management – maintain the satellite hazardous waste accumulation stations and the hazardous waste cage 5%
· Reporting – plant metrics and tracking improvements 5%
Knowledge, Skills, and Commitments:
· Problem-solving skills
· Good basic math skills
· Fundamentals of hazardous waste regulations
· Basic understanding of DOT & IATA Regulations
· Basic understanding of ISO practices and principles
· SAP experience desired
· High school diploma or equivalent at minimum.