Seeking to hire a Plant Operator for a Direct Hire opportunity in Sauk Village, IL.
The Plant Operator is a hands-on position responsible for the day-to-day operation of material flow for the Injection Molding Department. In this role, the successful candidate will support the production lines, by supplying raw materials and required components and removing finished production from the Molding floor. Both activities to be performed in a timely manner to ensure minimal downtime.
- Prepare material for use in production including cleaning, unwrapping, identifying, etc.
- Monitor machines and supply material as needed to eliminate downtime.
- Record/document inspections of materials as required, accurately, neatly, and legibly.
- Record/document usage and assignment of all materials.
- Retrieve carts, unused material rejected material, and other items as needed.
- Properly wrap, weigh, and identify any unused or rejected materials.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area always throughout the shift.
- Complete and maintain forklift operator certification.
- Record/document forklift inspections each shift.
- Organize time to minimize downtime, maximize production, and perform cleaning, inspections, and data recordings within the work shift.
- Use/wear all required safety devices and comply with all safety regulations and policies.
- Adhere to all personal clothing, cleanliness, and hair covering requirements.
- Responsible for reporting food packaging safety problems to plant management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and 4:00 pm to 12:30 am shifts are available.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of machine operating (ideally vacuum pumps, blenders) experience. Experience in injection molding a plus.
- Mechanical assembly experience is helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of plastics material blending systems is preferred.
- Must be competent to carry out food packaging safety and quality responsibilities.
- Forklift /electric walker experience is preferred.
- Record and document all IML finish goods.