Seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for a direct hire opportunity located in Elk Grove, IL. Our client is a recognized leader in the manufacture of food processing equipment and an innovative leader within the protein processing industry, with manufacturing facilities in Chicago and Iowa. The Design Engineer will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for the planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides production support to the fabrication area and the assembly area.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts. Experience with FEA software and analysis is a bonus.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
- Creates product designs that are in compliance with engineering principles, group standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Evaluates and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports as requested.
- Measures machines and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Uses computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs. AutoCAD machine design and Autodesk Inventor experience preferred.
- Periodic travel to visit and coordinate with customers and vendors may be required.
- Effective communication between inter-departmental employees, customers, and vendors required.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years exp. with machine design that includes using sheet metal, machined and or cast parts, dimensional & geometric tolerancing, welding knowledge, etc., or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AutoCAD machine design and Autodesk Inventor experience preferred.