Seeking to hire two Medical Technologists for Contract to Hire roles in Cleveland, OH.
The Medical Technologists will perform high-complexity tests in the CLIA laboratory. In addition, the Medical Technologist will support the R&D team by performing analytical procedures including testing of specimens and/or blood products supporting the development and commercialization of pipeline products.
- Performs moderate and high-complexity analytical processes without direct supervision. Includes operation of immunoassay analyzers, clinical chemistry analyzers, and standard wet chemistry equipment such as pH meters, spectrophotometers, automated liquid handlers, etc.
- Ensures the accuracy of test results by performing quality control testing, instrument maintenance, and troubleshooting. Takes action regarding quality control and maintenance issues.
- Maintains regulatory knowledge and awareness as it pertains to job duties.
- Adheres to the company’s quality control policies; documents all quality control activities including calibrations and maintenance performed. May develop and implement additional quality control policies and documents to support product development.
- Maintains instruments and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains clear and legible records.
- Plans, organizes, performs, and monitors daily project activities.
- Responsible for materials management including effective utilization of supplies and monitoring of inventory to maintain suitable stock.
- Responsible for supporting activities related to multiple ongoing clinical studies including coordinating clinical specimen transportation, maintaining accurate inventory of study specimens, and procuring and distributing supplies for clinical study sites.
- BA/BS in Chemical, biological, or clinical laboratory science.
- MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) certification is preferred.
- Two years of experience working in a clinical or CLIA lab environment.
- Experience operating and maintaining Roche cobas e411 and/or 6000 clinical chemistry and immunoassay analyzers preferred.
- Experience working with and/or developing ELISA assay preferred.
- Understands and complies with good laboratory practices, including safety, HIPPA, confidentiality, and regulatory requirements.
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment skills.
- Must be a self-starter with high motivation level and eagerness to learn.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting laboratory equipment.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
Work involves a fast-paced laboratory environment with a moderate amount of walking, standing, and/or sitting with occasional light lifting. Fine motor skills and manual dexterity to handle specimens and lab equipment. Work is performed in a general laboratory environment, possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens and hazardous chemicals requiring the use of personal protective equipment.