Our client in Weseca, MN is seeking a Machine Department Supervisor, to supervise machining center operators and set-up personnel to complete precision machining operations as needed to meet customer needs and company goals and objectives.
1. Knowledgeable of weekly production schedule. Assists with machine and manpower planning to achieve production needs.
2. Participates with VP of Production and set-up personnel to develop and implement a cost-effective manufacturing process which will provide customer satisfaction.
3. Provides direction and support to machine operators. Promotes quality, productivity, team work, good housekeeping and safety. Assists with input for performance appraisals as needed.
4. Participate with machine operator to audit inspection sheets and SPC charts to make sure the process is producing parts within specification and also to make sure any out-of-control conditions are documented with corrective actions.
5. Prior to regular shift start, foreman will start up machines to make sure they are ready for operator.
6. Participate with set-up personnel to identify and establish set up/operators instructions.
7. Assist with tooling design requirements and tool purchasing.
8. Promotes continuous improvement, adherence to ISO 9001 standard, team work, waste elimination and safety.
9. Assists with set up and operators task as needed. Communicates daily with other shifts.
10. Other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Desired: 2 yr voc tech 2.
Experience: 5 years
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Read and understand blueprints/technical manuals
- Accurate, thorough, and detail oriented
- Must have good interpersonal skills. Must also have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- CNC knowledge
- Tooling, materials, machine feed and speeds
- Hand tools/power tools
- CNC machining centers
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Mental Effort: Moderate to heavy demand.
- Physical Requirements
- Mostly standing and walking
- Working Conditions
- General Machine Shop floor Conditions
- May have Contact with coolants and vapors
- Temperature fluctuations based on season changes