Our client is a global clinical research organization looking for Oncology Sales team members on the east and west coast. The sales associate assists in executing sales strategies to meet organizational objectives. Maintains good customer relations, pursues new business opportunities, and performs account management duties. Responsible for identifying new customer leads, performing cold calling, converting leads to sales, and meeting with customers as directed. Participates in sales pitches to prospective customers and assists in creating new ideas to promote Company products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Performs with thorough knowledge, understanding, and effective demonstration of all Company products and services. Establishes and maintains routine communication to the Oncology team. Plan and coordinate customer sales activities with the team.
- Develops and maintains a positive Company image and positive relations between the Company and key customers.
- Generates customer leads, develops referrals, and makes contacts to potential clients via multiple sources including cold calling. Responds quickly to all leads identified as potential sales opportunities.
- Travel and meet with customers in the designated territory on a frequent basis.
- Develop strong customer service by addressing customer inquiries and concerns promptly to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Utilize strong sales reporting skills by maintaining accurate records of sales activities, customer interactions, and market feedback within the CRM. Prepare and submit regular sales reports to the Oncology management team.
- Assists in researching, analyzing, and communicating the technological, demographic, financial, regulatory and competitive factors that affect the sales strategies to strategic accounts.
- Participates in promotional activities that meet the goals of the enterprise (e.g. may attend trade shows, seminars, and other promotional activities).
- Assists in the preparation and development of responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and grant opportunities issued by clients or the government for potential business opportunities.
- Practices and responds with commitment and sensitivity toward satisfying the needs of internal and external customers. Promotes quality and continuous improvement philosophy.
- Evaluates situations objectively and demonstrates the ability to make timely decisions intended to have a positive effect on work performance.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments to complete assignments and tasks on time, with quality and has the ability to anticipate problem areas in advance. Applies creative approaches and ideas to solve problems maximizing effective use of appropriate resources.
- Demonstrates flexibility in approach and ideas, responds positively and supports changes in procedures, process, technology, responsibility and assignments.
- Maintains cooperative and productive working relationships and communications with all employees, participating effectively as a team member or as a team leader. Encourages and assists others in self-improvement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintain safe, clean and orderly work area. Promotes and follows safety regulations and actively contributes to work safely.
- Provides professional presentations and contributions to any corporate contact during off-site interactions, thus travel will be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Life Science/ Business bachelor's or a master's Degree
- 1-2 years of prior relevant experience
- Relevant experience with a Contract Research Organization
- Strong interest in the oncology field
- An ability to cultivate and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in sales, preferably in oncology, pharma or CRO space.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the designated territory.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
Successful completion of a sales training program within 3 months of hire.
- Medical, dental, life, and vision insurance coverage options
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Remote opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance