Messina Group seeks a Pilot Plant Technician for our client's Houston, Texas pilot plant.
About our Client:
Our client is a mid-size US-based manufacturer that sells modular units which house distillation technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep detailed daily logs and other necessary records, forms, or electronic data maintenance as required.
- Observe and collect data during testing.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Maintain all pilot plant areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Write scientific journal reports to document experimental results.
- Shipping and receiving goods (of a hazardous nature).
- Monitor consumables (chemicals, fittings, etc.) to ensure inventory remains at sufficient levels.
- Perform minor maintenance when necessary to maintain process equipment and pilot plant (light electrical work).
- General office and preventative maintenance/cleaning.
- Perform additional duties as directed by management.
An associate's degree in Process Technology or in Chemistry is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience.
- Basic electrical wiring knowledge.
- Experience in the operation of mass transfer equipment is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings, P&IDs.
- Knowledge of weights and measurements.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with an emphasis on fundamental scientific concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CPR & first aid certifications are a plus.
- Ability to operate a forklift and platform lift, hazwoper.
- Knowledge of fire safety.
- Knowledge of dangerous goods shipping.
- Computer proficiency, using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.