Seeking to hire a Process Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Carpentersville, IL. Our client is a global polymer and resin manufacturer and world leader in the production and distribution of composite resins, gel coat, and industrial cleaners. For over 65 years, our client has been active in the production, sales, research and development of organic anhydrides and their derivatives.
· Lead/follow the Scale-Ups on the Production Units.
· Ensure that the Scale-up Procedures are followed before products are commercialized.
· Develop or revise Manufacturing Instructions, Batch Sheets and Control Strategies as needed for all products associated with the Production Units.
· Develop or revise Standard Operating Procedures as needed for equipment and processes associated with the Production Units.
· Lead/Participate in PSM activities including: PSSR’s, MOC’s, PHA’s, and PSM Audits
· Lead and/or participate in all investigations (Root Cause Failure Analysis) for quality issues associated with the Production Units.
· Serve as the primary interface between the Carpentersville Facility and the Technical Support group on development of new products or revision of existing products on the Production Units.
· Continually monitor and troubleshoot, as needed the Production Units for unusual conditions and improvement opportunities.
· Monitor the Production schedule to eliminate issues related to compatibility, batch sizing, etc.
· Show “Ownership” over the Production area.
· Support in incident investigations as appropriate.
· Increase efficiency and capacity on the Production Units by proposing scope and initiating project proposals.
· Utilize the Online Analyzers by developing Glide Slopes for all capable products and monitor improvements. This will improve the overall quality of our products and reduce fixed costs.
· Reduce Production costs by decreasing products cycle times or increasing yields which will increase reactor capacity.
· Reduce QL-3 and Scrap associated costs at the facility through monitoring and upgrading of manufacturing instructions and control strategies.
· Train and provide support to the Production personnel in the area of batch chemistry, processes, or equipment.
- B. S. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required.
- 3-5 years of work experience specifically in the chemical industry is a MUST HAVE.
- Must have strong organizational skills, communication, and interpersonal skills.