Chemical Process Engineer now sought for a permanent, direct-hire opportunity to work full remote for our client specializing in the design and manufacturing of modular mass transfer systems for the chemical process industry.
Performs process engineering on projects, proposals, and studies under the supervision of lead engineers. Displays good engineering judgment and demonstrates the ability to schedule and estimate the work effort. Leads small projects or studies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Development and simulations of separations processes
· PFD development with material and energy balances
· P&ID development.
· Equipment design and specification of process vessels, decanters, pumps, compressors, and mass transfer equipment including fractionation towers/internals.
· Specification and selection of instrumentation and controls
· Definition of PLC Controls logic and automated sequencing.
· Prepare operating manuals.
· Project support, including module process checkouts.
· Participates in start-ups and client operator training.
· Troubleshooting and evaluation of existing systems
· Participates in lab/pilot testing.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management
· BS degree in Chemical engineering as well as 5 to 7 years of related work experience (sweet spot); willing to consider up to 10 years of experience.
· Process simulation modeling skills required. Prior knowledge of Aspen, and/or Hysys of Pro II is a plus.
· Command of the typical core curriculum for chemical engineering.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, Bluebeam, as well as all engineering computer tools. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Must possess creative problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills, and high attention to detail.
· Ability to interact successfully with internal and external clients.
· Candidate should be self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Professional Engineering license is a plus.
NOTE – Candidates must reside in the central or eastern time zone.