Seeking a Project Engineer for a direct hire opportunity located in Elk Grove, IL. Our client is a food processing equipment manufacturer and an innovative leader within the protein processing industry, with manufacturing facilities in Chicago and Iowa. The goal of this position is to provide a focal point of contact for the design, layout, and detailing of all aspects of a project. Ability to coordinate the flow of information to all concerned, to provide our customers with a complete workable system, and to maintain good customer relations at all times. This position is based at our home office in Chicago and will report to the Corporate Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Request for quotation to assure the system will work as quoted.
- Design layouts to meet customers' needs.
- Define project scope with the sales department, design, and electrical engineering
- Establish a team for the project.
- Verify and confirm delivery dates to customers.
- Meet with Operations to determine manufacturing location.
- Work with manufacturing facilities to meet delivery deadlines.
- Confirm budget requirements.
- Obtain customer approval of drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with outside suppliers.
- Oversee quality assurance and testing of equipment.
- Maintain schedule and hold project review meetings.
- Coordinate with the Service all information necessary for a timely and efficient installation.
- Finalize and close the project.
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 3-5 Years of experience, including project management and customer-facing scope of responsibility
- Travel as required
- AutoCAD expertise is a MUST HAVE
- Inventor experience a plus
- Food processing equipment background a plus