Messina Group seeks a Project Manager
This position is responsible for planning and overseeing projects from inception to completion to ensure a timely and on-budget delivery of products and/or services. Responsible for monitoring progress, keeping all stakeholders informed and following project management best practices and the PMO methodology, templates and process. The Project Manager will track project management metrics, and put strong emphasis on schedule, risk, benefits and stakeholder management. The Project Manager will coordinate cross functional teams including engineering, sourcing, marketing, manufacturing, and finance. This position will also contribute to maturation of the methodology, deliverables and processes supporting the PMO Center of Excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects from initiation to close out.
- Complete project deliverables.
- Define scope, and requirements and translate them to design for engineering implementation.
- Develop, manage, and execute project plans consistent with project objectives.
- Plan resources needed for the project and manage them in an effective manner throughout the project.
- Manage project performance and track project.
- Support testing, change management, and go-to-market efforts including BOM set-up activities, and training of in-life support teams.
- Manage external vendors and other relevant sourcing activities within the scope of the initiative.
- Coordinate product integrations and hand-offs in alignment with functional group processes, i.e., engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate project team meetings, and document action items, decisions and follow-up to achieve progress.
- Provide project updates and adjustments to project stakeholders on a timely and consistent basis.
- Identify areas of opportunities and lessons learned to drive continuous improvement.
- The position requires a forward vision, situational awareness, strong relationship management skills, and a commitment to learning.
- Schedule: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Hybrid Remote/Aurora – 3/ 2 – to be worked out with manager
- Duration: Long-Term Contract
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Business
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience, at the enterprise level
- Excellent communication and mentorship skills
- Physical product project experience, preferably involving – Plastics/molding, Electronics, Firmware, High production, Retail / Professional Products
- Superb risk and issue management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment to on-time, on-budget, and quality delivery
- Ability to support projects ranging from technical implementations, and innovation to compliance and cost savings initiatives
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experience with waterfall, agile, and hybrid Project Management methodologies