Seeking a QC Chemist for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Gurnee, IL with a specialty chemical organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out QC analytical work to the required written methods and use the correct equipment, so that information to internal and external customers is accurate, timely, and properly reported.
- Wet Method Chemistry
- Gas Chromatography
- Method Development
- Customer complaint investigation
- Wastewater testing
- Communicate with internal and external customers so that their requirements and results are fully understood, and any interpretation of the information is properly supplied.
- Identify and troubleshoot questionable results and equipment problems so that resolution of the matter is obtained in a timely way, and the proper people are kept informed or asked for guidance.
- Calibrate lab equipment and keep records to the appropriate Quality Standards so that the equipment is ready for use.
- Suggest and run small projects, within the general scope of work done in the QC Lab, so that lab improvements can be made.
- To follow all Company policies, procedures, and instructions so that work is properly and safely done, the quality system is maintained, and good housekeeping is carried out.
- Schedule: 4X10 hour rotation schedule
- Location: Gurnee, IL
- Duration: Contract to Hire
- Chemistry, biochemistry, or biology degree preferred or a minimum of an Associate Degree in physical science with 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- Able to apply good safety practice, good laboratory practice, and be familiar with operating one of the quality regimes e.g., ISO 9000 or similar.
- Conversant with instrumental analysis and wet chemistry and in particular the following techniques: GC, automated titrations, physical property testing, color measurement, and spectroscopic techniques.
- Able to troubleshoot instruments is required. A good sense of smell is required for organoleptic testing.
- Must have computer skills, be able to use databases, spreadsheets, word processing software, and computer-controlled instruments, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational, decision-making, and record-keeping skills are also required.
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.