Seeking an entry-level Quality Assurance Technician for a contract-to-hire opportunity for our client, a food manufacturing company in Chicago, Illinois. Responsibilities include promoting our client's food safety culture, maintaining food safety and quality plans and protocols, and ensuring that products meet and/or exceed company and customer regulatory expectations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of food safety and quality plan.
- Monitoring of product in production and packaging lines to ensure company and customer specifications are met
- Audits the production lines, conducts allergen changeovers, cleaning verification, and QA Audits
- Setup, verification, and calibration of metal detectors, electronic scales, thermometers
- Responsible for Hold Program
- Inspect/release new or repaired equipment before food use
- Perform other duties as required
- Responsible for providing support to promote food safety culture throughout the organization, empowering our employees, and establishing and implementing critical controls that help monitor risks.
- Committed to the continuous improvement of the food safety management system.
- Establish and maintain documentation, and communication between senior management and employees.
- Responsible for food safety, following and promoting proper GMPs, company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Report all food safety issues and or suspicious activity.
- GMP, Allergen, HACCP
- Food Defense, SQF
- Chemical Safety
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred