Seeking to hire a Quality Auditor for a Direct Hire role in Sauk Village, IL. Purpose:
Audit the production process to verify the quality of the product, the completion of inspections, and the conformity to work instructions.
· Perform incoming inspections of raw materials as needed.
· Read, understand, and verify the requirements for the assigned job including product specification, material requirements, product packaging, labeling, palletizing, etc.
· Perform and document First Article inspections as required.
· Perform spot QA checks, verifying the product is within specification.
· Record/document inspections of product, process data and other information as required, accurately, neatly, and legibly.
· Respond to packers/operators concerning product questions and communicate with shift supervisors/leads regarding non-conforming products in a timely manner to reduce downtime and minimize production of defective products.
· Perform and document Final Inspections by auditing cartons on a random basis during the current shift run.
· Obtain and deliver retains from prior production for upcoming production runs as required.
· Gather, process, label, and store finished good retains on a daily basis.
· Inspect/measure retains, verifying the product is within specification per schedule.
· Monitor and assist in the rework of non-conforming products and/or returns.
· Organize time to maximize efficiency and perform cleaning, inspections, and data recordings within the work shift.
· Operate barrier testing, moisture analysis testing equipment as required.
· Provide support for all CMM equipment as required.
· Support\operate all sealing equipment as required.
· Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area at all times throughout the shift.
· Use/wear all required safety devices and comply with all safety regulations and policies.
· Adhere to all personal clothing, cleanliness and hair covering requirements.
· Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
· In the incumbent’s absence these responsibilities will be transferred to another Quality Assurance Auditor or Quality Assurance Technician.
· Must be trained in and follow company policies on GMP, sanitation, pre-requisite programs, chemical control and food safety plans and policies.
· Must be competent to fulfill food packaging safety and quality responsibilities.
· Good communication skills
· Understanding of basic math principals
· Good computer skills, proficient in MS Word & Excel
· Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.
· Experience using InfinityQS or other SPC software package preferred.
· CMM measuring equipment and MOCON Barrier testing equipment experience preferred.
· Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs occasionally
· Walking/standing approximately 4-6 hours per day.
· Climbing stairs rarely, climbing ladders occasionally.
· Bending/stooping occasionally.
· Kneeling, crawling rarely.
Experience and Education:
· High school diploma or equivalent.