Seeking to hire a 3rd shift Quality Control Technician for our client near Walled Lake, Michigan for a direct hire opportunity.
11pm – 7am. Monday – Friday
About our Client:
Our client is a family-owned growing coatings company in Walled Lake, Michigan, known for its team-based environment, career growth opportunity, and family-friendly culture.
About the Position:
The quality control tech will conduct standard acceptance testing on raw materials, work in process, and finished goods on a shift-based schedule, or as needed, to support operations. Uses good safety, housekeeping, and laboratory techniques. Responsibilities include testing polyester-coated film, visual inspections, solution testing, and incoming material testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs inspections and provides accurate and repeatable results from all quality control test methods and visual inspection standards.
- Make entries of QA test data in an SPC format for data evaluation.
- Communicates test results and evaluations (written and oral) to manufacturing.
- Backs up other QC Techs in the event of scheduled or unscheduled absences, or fluctuations in workload.
- Provides training for new employees when authorized by the Manager.
- Generate reports from the QA data system as required by management. Working knowledge of applicable Quality Management procedures and problem-solving methods.
- Calibrate department instrumentation using established written procedures,
- File and/or retrieve samples and data from the quality assurance files or sample archives as required.
- Maintain work area in accordance with all applicable safety, housekeeping, and environmental policies and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Two years of experience with manufacturing operations or equivalent experience.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a science, mathematics, or quality discipline is preferred.
- Basic Customer Facing Experience
- Proficient in computer data entry techniques.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Certification in a quality discipline by the American Society of Quality Control is preferred.
- Cross-functional team experience working with operators, techs, different departments, etc.
- High visual acuity/high attention to detail preferred
- Lab experience preferred
- The ability to interact cordially and effectively with all employees.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable to often changing priorities.