Seeking a Quality Control Technician for a contract opportunity in Franklin Park, IL. Our client has been operated by the same family for five generations. They manufacture the highest quality salad dressings and sauces for hotels, clubs, diners, casinos, airlines, cruise ships, supermarkets, and restaurants internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The QCT is responsible for all aspects of the quality assurance of the company.
In the Lab:
- Every batch must be tested assuring that the viscosity, titratable acidity, taste, color, pH, and appearance are all within the specifications of each batch and compared to the old sample of all products produced. Take corrective if needed.
- Keep a sample of each batch with recipe code, date, and batch number in the sample library. Maintaining and retaining samples in an orderly manner.
- Calibration of pH meters and keeping daily records.
- Responsible for cleaning laboratory equipment and utilities.
- Maintaining recipe files in an organized manner, making sure that they are all signed back into the lab at the end of every shift.
- Monitor all products on Hold – check the condition of the product, the reason it was placed on old, and date it.
- Assisting the QC Director with lab paperwork.
Outside the Lab:
- Assures that the spice bags (Up to 50 lbs. each) per recipe are correct – verify the weights, the content of the bags (type and size of spices) and making sure that the quantity matches the scheduled batches.
- Responsible for setting up printers on production lines (checking for correct stencil according to the schedule and the Julian code date on the gallon lids).
- Responsible for making sure each product has the correct label and that all containers of finished products are properly filled and sealed.
- Responsible for checking that proper cleaning procedures have been followed by mixers and machine operators after any recipes containing allergens.
- Verify that air cleaners, induction machine, metal detectors, and hopper mixers are turned on.
- Responsible for checking if the metal detectors are working 4 times per day.
- Responsible for checking that all plant personnel are following GMPs.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of daily production.
- Responsible for checking that all portion cups are sealed, have the proper level, correct lid, correct stencil, and code date on the boxes on the Purity machine.
Receiving and Sampling Incoming Raw Materials:
- Checking that all incoming raw materials have COA and meet the specifications; comparing the new sample with the old one; creating an analysis when needed (egg yolk, liquid sugar, vinegar, soybean oil); keeping accurate records, and taking a sample to be kept for comparison for new materials after all inspections are completed.