Messina is searching for a Regional Sales Manager for our client in the the Southeast Research Triangle Area.
Our client is looking for talented, hardworking individuals with great energy, leadership, and initiative to grow a book of existing business and drive new business in their territory. Our client works with Pharmaceutical and Medical Device companies to deliver products and services that make their customers’ critical manufacturing operations successful.
Regional Managers must proactively identify and manage new business sales opportunities in their assigned region. He or she must leverage an effective approach to drive awareness, build advocacy, engage in account planning and identify and manage new sales opportunities by working proactively and collaboratively with their channel partners and supporting teams.
- Develop and drive the regional strategy for growth and new customer acquisition in the Midwest region.
- Track, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends to management- as they relate to your region.
- Support all aspects of regional development including, scheduling client meetings, visiting with decision makers, developing customer quotes, handling customer follow up, and closing business.
- Engage with your customers to provide on-going service and timely resolution.
- Prospect potential new customers through targeted outbound activity.
- Understand customer growth goals, strategies & initiatives, and establish our company as a preferred vendor.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Manage account relationships, pipeline, and forecast in Salesforce CRM.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience preferably with a complex/strategic sales environment background.
- A four-year undergraduate degree
- Previous Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and/or Contract Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Salesforce or other CRM experience is a plus.
- Scientific background or experience selling in a scientific setting is a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to travel with 25 percent (overnight travel)
- A rain maker who enjoys the challenge of owning and growing your book of business in a regional territory.
- Ability to thrive working independently but also know when to pull your team in to help close the big deal.
- Passion for developing new business and growing your existing relationships to where you become their trusted source.
- Ability to navigate a corporate environment and how to reach decision makers.