Seeking a Director of Sales Operations for our client in San Diego, California.
The Director of Sales Operations will play a critical role in streamlining our sales processes, driving efficiency, and maximizing revenue growth. This individual will work closely with the sales team, marketing, and other key stakeholders to develop strategies, implement tools, and analyze sales performance metrics.
We believe that a successful sales team makes connections with its customers and creates long-lasting relationships. As the Sales Operations Specialist for our client, you will be working to meet that goal. We’re looking for a self-starting professional with experience supporting a sales team to optimize the use of our sales technology while supporting and enhancing our current sales process.
We are looking for an individual that will take our Sales team to the next level and take ownership of the progressing efficiency and effectiveness of our sales process. This is an opportunity to take on more responsibility as you grow within the role and even develop a sales operations team around you as our organization continues to scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Process Optimization: Reinforce and refine existing processes to improve sales productivity – Identify bottlenecks in the sales process and develop solutions to enhance productivity and efficiency. Review and refine current workflows to simplify how sales interact with SFDC. Ensure that our processes effectively support our customer’s urgent needs. Effectively document and publish processes to ensure business continuity, ready operations new hires faster, and increase business partner awareness.
- Sales Forecasting & Reporting: Lead accurate sales forecasting and reporting efforts to provide sales and executive leadership with actionable insights. Publish and maintain KPI dashboards. Routinely analyze and synthesize for the sales leadership team with recommended actions. Provide standard and ad hoc sales forecasting and sales reporting capabilities for the global sales team.
- Quota & Sales Compensation: Lead and partner with sales leadership and finance to ensure fair, timely, and documented quota setting. Drive sales compensation design changes working cross functionally with finance.
- Account Planning: Develop a deeper understanding of future prospects and each customer’s individual needs, motivations, goals, pain points, and business situations. Calculate potential revenue and success rate. Establish consistent tools and cadence to support account planning, deal reviews, and pipeline reviews. Determine points of contact, decision makers. decision-making process, and competing companies. Promote sales force productivity and commercial performance, such as deal, forecast, and pipeline reviews or monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the sales operations budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Performance Analysis: Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations to enhance results.
- Territory and Capacity Planning: Lead annual territory and quarterly capacity planning by partnering with business operations, marketing, and finance. Work with cross-functional strategy teams and sales leadership to optimize customer segmentation, account targeting, and routes to market.
- Operating Rhythm: Develop, publish, and lead a consistent sales operations rhythm for all “run-the-business” actions.
- Tools & Technology: Drive the adoption of invested sales technology through advocacy and seller enablement while providing a feedback loop for improvements and future needs from frontline users. Ensure efficient, effective, and governed deal management processes across internal stakeholders (e.g., finance, legal, HR, deal desk, order processing) that drive profitable business. Partner closely with GTM Systems and IT.
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with marketing, finance, and product teams to align sales strategies and initiatives.
- Ensuring Sales organization objectives are assigned and achieved in a timely manner
- Working closely and proactively with Sales management to inspect Sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement, facilitating continuous process improvement
- Monitoring the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the Sales organization, recommending revisions, and assisting in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Implementing Sales and Marketing enabling technologies, working closely with Sales Management to optimize the effectiveness of our client’s technology investments
- Identifying and assisting in evaluating new technologies and platforms that add value to our client’s technology stack
- Coordinating and delivering training to company Sales, Sales management, and Marketing personnel
- Validations of Leads for our Sales teams by leveraging Sales & Marketing enablement tools and platforms
- Customer Research and Prospecting to support our sales team outreach
- Running Sales Campaigns in our CRM
- Working with Sales Representatives to generate quotes more efficiently
- 10+ years' experience driving sales operations, optimizing sales processes, leading revenue growth, identifying barriers and developing solutions, and creating long-term operational strategies to help meet company objectives
- Outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have an attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
- Problem-solving—Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Interpersonal skills—Must maintain confidentiality, remain open to others' ideas, and exhibit a willingness to try new things
- Oral communication—Need to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills in face-to-face or virtual meetings
- Written communication—Must edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and be able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing—Must prioritize and plan work activities and projects, using time efficiently
- Technical–Must be an experienced user of various Sales enablement platforms – Zoho, Salesforce, or other CRM experience preferred
- Integrity – Must exemplify a high standard of character in all interactions
- Confidence – Must present self in a humble yet capable manner and tackle tasks with confidence, particularly during times of increased pressure
Physical Demands, Equipment and Machinery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and storing supplies and materials throughout the day could be typical of this position. Performing work on a desktop or laptop computer requiring manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, calculators, photocopying equipment, cell phone and multi-line phone could be typical of this position.
The work environment described here is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is in an office. The environment is clean and typically free from dust and hazardous materials. This indoor environment is temperature-controlled. Occasional travel may be required with equipment.
Note: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Nothing in the job description restricts our client from having the right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment as this is an “AT-Will employer.
It is the policy of our client not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.”