Messina Group seeks a Senior Drafting Technician to work as a project team member and provide strong technical knowledge of MicroStation CAD drafting software. Direction and feedback are provided by engineers on the project team, and the Senior Drafting Technician completes moderately complex drafting assignments independently and provides direction to lower-level drafting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares preliminary and final details and drawings derived from rough layouts, verbal instructions, field notes, and sketches that adhere to company and government drafting standards.
- Provides feedback to the Project Manager regarding the use of standard Department of Transportation details during the design process.
- Manages the use of DOT specific plot styles, pen tables, fonts, and drawing borders.
- Disperses and directs work of other drafters as needed.
- Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Location: Northbrook
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree Computer-Aided Design or related field preferred
- A minimum of ten years of relevant work experience at a bridge design firm is a MUST-HAVE
- Advanced proficiency in MicroStation CAD software including 3-D renderings and animation is a MUST-HAVE
- Ability to work independently and to perform tasks after verbal and written instruction with little oversight or direction from the project manager
- Ability to direct the work of other drafters
- Detail-oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills
- General PC skills with proficiency in MS Word/Excel