Seeking to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer for a Direct Hire opportunity in Franklin Park, IL.
The Senior Electrical Engineer works independently in the development of key electrical or software technologies necessary for the advancement of products that include control and/or interface technologies. This individual must demonstrate the experience and aptitude to solve complex engineering problems without supervision. Assignments include research activities as well as working on product development teams.
- A solid understanding of the scientific theory behind the technologies in the individual’s areas of expertise.
- Key technologies include embedded microprocessor systems, control and display technologies, human body interfaces, AC and DC motor controllers, and digital signal processing.
- Ability to work independently on research activities that advance company's products.
- Accept lead design assignments on major development projects with a solid understanding of electrical system architectures and the ability to convert theoretical concepts into practical solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to other engineers and technicians.
- A work ethic that drives results on all assignments.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience. This position will specialize in both electrical systems development and software system development, but previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in both disciplines is required.
- MUST HAVE demonstrated expertise in the design of real-time-based microprocessor-based systems.
- Solid understanding of electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated industry expertise in multiple technological disciplines.
- A results-oriented approach to problem solving.
- B.S. electrical engineering or B.S. computer engineering required. Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline preferred.