Seeking a Senior Interior Designer for a direct hire opportunity located in Palo Alto, Ca. This candidate will be responsible for developing and continuing an interior design program for all areas of a hospital. This candidate also develop a space plan with considerations on specifying materials, furnishings, flooring, lighting, furniture and fixtures, and many more.
Our client is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, design, coordination, furnishing of technical assistance, and review of interior design aspects to include new – or alteration and renovation of – building type structures, and general facility maintenance
- Plans and implement a comprehensive Interior Design Program which includes providing complete interior design services for the organization to include satellite facilities
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for all furnishings, window treatments, patient cubicle curtains, wall coverings, floor coverings, wall art, lighting, ceiling treatments, casework, and all other interior design-related accouterments from origination to installation
- Develops project timelines to ensure orders are in place
- Participates in pre-design meetings obtains pertinent design criteria and initiates actions to obtain applicable information and criteria
- Works with the client to develop a space projection for overall spatial needs
- Prepares FF&E budgets and purchasing packages if required
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of interior design experience in a healthcare environment or hospital industry or as a facility-based interior designer
- With extensive design theory, space planning, and project management knowledge
- Knowledgeable in different types of healthcare environments and familiar with all furniture lines, essential
- Computer literate: Autodesk, AutoCAD, Microsoft One Note, and Project
- Strong communications skills in English both written and oral. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and maintaining official project records. Experience in conducting meetings, and briefing clients and management personnel.
- Knowledge of safety practices in the construction industry, including specifically, a background that indicates familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety requirements on construction projects.
- Must lawfully reside in the United States and be eligible for employment (client does not sponsor visas or work permits)
Schedule: M-F (9a.m-5 p.m.) Hybrid after 30 days.
Location: Palo Alto, CA.