Seeking a Senior Process Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Jacksonville, IL (near Springfield)
- New Product Integration (NPI) transitions to the manufacturing floor – ensure all products have a seamless transition from customer/engineering development to the production floor.
- Provide support to all existing products – develop tooling to enhance quality/efficiency, corrective action development, and initiate print/process changes.
- Provide engineering support to operations as a technical subject matter expert – contribute to a manufacturing environment of continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Control/Supervise all new product launch processes and ensure all new products have a seamless transition from customer/engineering development to the production floor. Concurrently provide support to new and existing products. Utilize CAD software to develop tooling and initiate print/process changes.
- The candidate needs to have the ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and have strong problem-solving skills. The candidate will also need to have experience in advanced analytical tools and expertise in one or more of the following: electrical engineering, materials, product testing, and research & development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the Engineering Department to schedule design for manufacturing (DFM) and pre-production meetings to improve product design prior to the transition of products to the manufacturing floor.
- Designs methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving production costs, yields, quality, and safety.
- Provide direction to the Operations Support Administrator for the development of visual work instructions. Upon completion, review, present any changes and approve.
- Provides direction and planning to assist in process improvements. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the shop, department, or work crew.
- Provide training and support to production floor employees during a new product launch to ensure stability.
- Assist with setup of all tools, tables, chairs, lighting, and other equipment necessary to fabricate items.
- Implement plans to enhance manufacturing productivity, quality, and ergonomics.
- Maintain familiarity with new manufacturing techniques and industry practices and make recommendations to continually improve internal manufacturing processes.
- Initiate and/or approve engineering change orders through the Engineering Change Order Management database.
- Develop and optimize production and manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality, and cost goals of the organization.
- Identify bottlenecks and devise solutions to resolve them.
- Recommend changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources.
- Examine and recommend alternate sources for process materials to realize cost reductions.
- Provide 2D & 3D CAD support pertaining to drawing creation and revisions.
- Lead investigations of corrective actions and root cause analysis initiatives (internal and external).
- Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions that reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Supports Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives companywide.
- Analyzes all scrapped material and then identify the root cause and determine methods to minimize scrap.
- Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems. Analyzes internal quality data to develop a plan of action to mitigate future issues.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the use of natural resources, trash, and overall company waste.
- Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversees repairs, calibrates, and maintenance of testers.
- Other duties may be assigned as delegated by the Operations Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience in multi-tasking several projects simultaneously and driving results.
- Excellent manufacturing background and communication skills.
- Extensive software skills are required.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze data quickly and form a plan of action
- Extensive experience communicating with a broad customer base.
- Must pass associated IPC orientation sessions during onboarding
- IPC Component ID training completed in the 1st 90 days
- IPC CIT or CIS Certification within 1 year of employment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related manufacturing experience in Electronics Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing software; VKS author; Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft 365); SolidWorks or CAD; and general PC software.