Seeking a Sr. Process Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in the vicinity of Salt Lake City, UT, with a world leader in the production and management of primary magnesium.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and correcting existing plant inefficiencies and developing projects for new facilities.
- Achieving process improvements through more efficient operations management, improved equipment/manpower utilization, work method changes, procedural or process changes, or changes in process equipment.
- Generating detailed flow sheets, along with their heat and material balances.
- Design the application, specify, size, and select process equipment.
- Assist with facility commissioning, procedure development, and troubleshooting.
- Assist plant operations through ongoing process monitoring and control efforts.
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- Stable – traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Chemical and/or Metallurgical unit operations with emphasis towards heavy industry.
- Ability to observe current operations and correct deficiencies through procedural changes, equipment modifications and implementation of new processes and their associated equipment.
- Good communication and organizational skills to be able to focus the resources of several departments on projects and problems.
- 5 years of experience in a heavy industrial environment or EPC firm.
- Must be technically sound, with an excellent understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of varied process equipment: pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, material handling, filtering, etc.