Seeking a Sr. Project Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Rowley, UT … sixty miles west of Salt Lake City. The Sr. Project Engineer will be responsible for implementing projects of various sizes from concept through construction and commissioning and work either directly or within a multidisciplinary team to provide mechanical engineering and other relatable technical expertise to the facility.
Typical duties include:
- Performing engineering calculations, sizing, specifying, and selecting equipment
- Preparing and reviewing design drawings
- Preparing cost estimates and contractor scopes of work
- Inspecting fabrication and construction
- Managing and controlling costs
- Preparing various reports.
- Design of process pumps and piping, fans, compressors, and other off-gas systems,
- Conveying and material handling
- Minor structural and other loading mechanisms
- Assist other departments with ongoing maintenance and production-related modifications and repairs
- Review plant data, and downtime information to help develop root causes and corrective actions
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- Stable – traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good communicative and organizational skills to be able to focus the resources of several departments on projects and problems.
- Must be a self-starter, organized, a good communicator, and able to work well with others.
- 5 years of Project Engineering experience in a heavy industrial environment.