Seeking to hire a Shipping & Receiving Specialist for a direct hire opportunity in Walled Lake, MI. Our client is a growing family-owned growing coatings company in Walled Lake, Michigan, known for its team-based environment, career growth opportunity, and family-friendly culture.
Under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager, performs any combination of tasks such as picking, packaging & handling, and receiving, storing and shipping finished goods, unfinished materials, tools and equipment. Moves materials with forklift, opens crates, breaks down skids and stows materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Utilize all applicable work instructions. Prepare customer shipments according to specifications and in accordance with scheduled delivery times. Includes, but not limited to, picking, packaging, boxing, labeling, palletizing, and banding of sheet and roll finished products. Working knowledge of applicable Quality Management System and problem-solving method.
· Operates standard of specially designed machines to place or arrange products in boxes or other types of containers. Operates labeling, weighing, and sealing machines.
· Monitors and restocks packaging and shipping materials. Maintains correct stock in its location.
· Assists in moving materials from department to department and location to location. Returns balances to stock, moves finished goods from packaging areas to staging areas, including performing computer-based inventory transactions.
· Assists in the preparation of all shipping documents and paperwork involved in the processing of customer orders. Documents all required quality records.
· Unloads incoming shipments as necessary and verifies the shipment against the packaging slip, under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager.
· Maintain the work areas in accordance with all applicable safety, housekeeping and environmental policies and practices. Follow defined procedures for chemical waste documentation and handling.
· Performs other duties as required by Supervisor/Management.
· Direct Hire
· 1st Shift – 8am-4pm
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 1 Year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Strong knowledge of forklift operations preferred.
· Good computer skills preferred.
· Ability to operate packaging and handling equipment.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Adaptable to often changing priorities.
· Good communication and organizational skills.