Messina Group seeks a Sr. Pricing Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of complex pricing and profitability analyses supporting New Business and in line with renewal strategy with minimal managerial guidance.
- Analyzes revenue, cost, margin, and pricing agreements while providing insight and recommendations for timely and effective business decisions with minimal managerial guidance.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives, Account Managers and Field Operations to gather and question all cost assumptions used to prepare a quote.
- Works directly with Sales and Account Management to improve the financial status of current and potential clients by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends, and recommending appropriate actions.
- Ensures development and improvement of standard pricing analytic report templates, presentations, methodologies, and processes through advanced analytical thought processes.
- Works with the Business to develop and implement pricing strategies that effectively cater to various markets and channels.
- Analyzes the impact of price changes, and recommends adjustments to pricing standards and strategies that will support business objectives and plans without impeding future growth.
- Challenges the conventional pricing methodology to improve the process and develop new approaches.
- Performs complex ad hoc analyses for operational and financial management and to support business needs.
- Schedule: 8am-5pm
- Location: Hybrid/Rolling Meadows-2 days per week
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference in a quantitative analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, or Economics.
- 7 plus years of experience in quantitative analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- 2 to 3 years of pricing-related experience that may include pricing management, methods and techniques, financial analysis, and/or marketing research highly preferred. MBA or related advanced degree a plus.
- Prior experience working in the insurance industry is a strong plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) a plus.
- MBA or related advanced degree a plus.