Messina Group is seeking a remote Technical Service Representative for a client in the Detroit area for a contract role for 6 months, with the potential to go permanent.
Key Responsibilities (may include but not limited to):
- Provide expert-level technical service support (internal and external) by:
- Making offset recommendations
- Sourcing products for Purchasing and Sales
- Solving technical problems
- Offering formulation assistance
On the Job Training (Required within the initial employment period – varies per position and experience):
- Knowledge of suppliers’ product lines and chemical database software.
- Applicable ADAGE and Microsoft program skills.
- Knowledgeable of all facility departments and specific functions.
- Training requirements from the New Employee Checklist.
- Participate in vendor training as needed.
Required Education / Training / Equivalent Experience (prior to hire / transfer:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience in a chemistry-related field (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Sciences, etc.).
- Additional experience in sales, and/or marketing is a plus.
- Trained in problem-solving techniques and team-building skills.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- People / team-oriented.