Messina Group seeks an on-site Conferencing and Communications Technical Support Specialist for an exciting hands-on role, to be responsible for creating, managing, and supporting first-class in-person and virtual meeting experiences for our valued client. The ideal candidate is passionate, creative, detail-oriented, and dedicated to providing superb client service to high-level executives at every turn. This role demands an expert in all aspects of the in-person and virtual events, meetings, and conference planning, including cost containment, venue scouting, equipment logistics, room setup, and a wealth of best practices. They should also have excellent leadership skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities to meet quality expectations. The best fit for this role is a Conferencing and Communications Specialist who can manage the daily details with big-picture thinking to ensure truly unique experiences.
In this role, the Specialist must be able to demonstrate deep technical knowledge and understanding of the software, AV systems, and vendors used to create in-room and virtual meetings and events. This role will work closely with the Meetings and Events Team, Office Services, and Service Desk to support the end-user community in-room, virtual and hybrid meeting experiences. In this role, you will provide technical planning and support services to our staff and be responsible for analyzing and making decisions/judgments around the use of software and technologies for day-to-day conferencing and large events.
- You will design, plan, execute and troubleshoot all technical aspects of executive conference meetings
- You will coordinate closely with our Communications team and be responsible to create technical solutions to successfully achieve meeting objectives.
- You will be the subject matter expert for conferencing applications and equipment management for meetings and events.
- You will assist with software and conference room training activities for staff and act as a resource to support day-to-day work activities.
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining positive and proactive relationships within the organization through project team membership, incident and problem resolution, and effective communication.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience administering, supporting, or managing conference room technologies and software in information technology or event management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities.
- You will own processes, tools, and services related to the delivery of onsite and virtual meeting/webinar experiences.
- Deep experience and working knowledge of Zoom Meetings and MS Team platforms; configuration management, desktop and mobile application management, etc.
- Experience with Eventbrite and Zoom event registration processes and tools.
- Working knowledge of in-room audio visual conferencing components.
- Working knowledge of Windows, iOS, and Android platforms to support conferencing applications and functionality.
- Experience creating and maintaining materials to train users on the use of conferencing technologies.
- Experience working on large offsite meetings and events.
- Experience working with and coordinating through hotel or other event technology partners.