Seeking a Technical Support Chemist for a Direct Hire opportunity working remote while visiting sites in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa (will want to be living in Minnesota). This Chemical manufacturing company has comprehensive programs in food processing, water treatment, and institutional marketplaces. This role will be 50% in Central Minnesota and will need to travel to clients in WI, IA, SD with occasional travel to the east and west coasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a solid understanding of products, plant operations, customer business objectives and food safety
- Work directly with the Territory Managers and other Technical Support Staff to continually add value to each account's sanitation program
- Work with current Technical Support Staff to develop and/or improve on current sanitation product formulations
- Provide chemistry, microbiology, and engineering expertise to customers in terms of sanitation programs, including assisting with sanitation products, evaluating processes and procedures, and troubleshooting sanitation problems.
- Approximately 50% of work will be in Central MN but will need to be able to travel to customers in the upper Midwest Wi, IA, SD with the occasional trip to the east, or west coast.
- Report directly to the Sanitation Technologies Vice President
- Bachelor's degree. in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or related field
- Willingness and ability to work varying hours
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout a small geographic area
- Strong understanding of clean in place (CIP) processes
- Strong analytical, problem solving and solid foundation in mathematics
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Master's degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, or related field
- 4-5 years technical experience in chemical and/or food and beverage manufacturing
- Proven problem-solving skills and track record of successful technical accomplishments
- Strong understanding of cGMP guidelines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and to adapt to changing priorities
- Schedule: Flexible
- Location: Approximately 50% of work will be in Central MN but will need to be able to travel to customers in the upper Midwest Wi, IA, SD with the occasional trip to the east, or west coast. Not onsite will be remote
- Duration: Direct Hire