Seeking a Tool and Die for a direct hire opportunity in Columbus, NE. Our client strives to manufacture quality hydraulic cylinders to meet customer specifications. Their goal is to drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction through our quality management system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have knowledge for programming and operating various forms of CNC machining equipment and general knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for building operational fixturing, tooling and dies as needed.
- Work with the production team to resolve current fixturing/tooling concerns.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineering to find creative solutions for tooling, fixturing or general processes.
- Ability to read drawings (CAD prints), operator manuals, job orders, and follow procedural instructions.
- Must be able to read tape measure, calipers, micrometers, thread gages, depth gages, and bore gages.
- Practice in observing all OSHA safety protocols.
- Potentially work with the Maintenance department in creating machine repair components.
- Operate overhead cranes and forklifts (optional).
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request.
- Highly recommended High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- 5 years Tool and Die experience. Education and experience on CNC Mills and CNC Lathes are a great substitute for experience.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Must be able to use: CNC lathe, mills, and drills. Program Logic Control (PLC) training. Ability to MIG weld a plus.
- Ability to use a computer. Knowledge of hydraulic components and programmable logic control (PLC) procedures.
- Physical Capacity Profile level 3 required.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Location: Columbus, NE